The Camp Cooby Commitment
The 21st century brings an age of economic and technology disruption where every industry and job is being disrupted and transformed. Real world learning should be organic, integrated and engaging for young people so they can connect with themselves and their environment. We offer more than just an “outdoor camp” experience. We offer a life enhancing curriculum that prepares young people for now and into the future.
According to the CEDA Report in June 2015, “40% of the current jobs will not exist in the next 10-15 years”. The Jobs of the future don’t even exist yet. Australia requires young people to grow and innovate!
Growing research supports the importance of helping young people connect with self, others and their environment. Our camps achieve an equilibrium of healthy relationships whilst incorporating technology and the great outdoors.
What makes CAMP COOBY unique?
- Beautiful location with lakeside views over Lake Cooby
- Attention to detail on the health and safety of your young people
- A framework to design your own program based on your needs and YOUR school culture
- A values-based organisation
- Senior, Experienced & Qualified Staff
- Curriculum designed by leading innovative businesses & psychology services
- Access to educators, technology, innovation and data analytics experts
- A program aligned with the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA)
- High quality and healthy food sourced locally
- Luxury tents for teachers
- Indoor and outdoor activities for all ages and desired educational outcomes
- Wild native animals onsite including wallabies, koalas, echidnas, and goannas
Camp Cooby's Innovative Curriculum Streams
At Camp Cooby, we provide an evidence-based curriculum covering four educational streams:
1. Social and Emotional Well-being; through neuropsychology, mindfulness, and attention training.
2. Environmental Care & Sustainability; including permaculture, aquaponics, food production, and waste management
3. Outdoor Education & Leadership; through outdoor and indoor team based challenges.
4. Technology, Entrepreneurship & Innovation; with the startup INCubate program, business model development, and turning dreams into a reality
Yes! We offer Sequential programming at CAMP COOBY
We deliver a sequential program experience for Prep to Year 12 based on our FOUR curriculum streams. Our sequential learning program actively supports the development of young leaders who will positively lead our future businesses and communities. We develop leaders by helping young people to Connect, Care and Lead with their relationships with themselves, their community and their environment. Each of our four curriculum streams start with introductory topics and activities for the early years and then gradually build upon this foundation to deliver advanced active learning projects. In our senior year program, students are encouraged to participate in team projects which blend the learnings from previous camp programs and their current school curriculum. Our aim is to develop young people so they are leaders in self care, community development, and environmental management. Contact us today so we can custom design a program to suit the outcomes you want to achieve the your school culture.
Subscribe To Our School Camp Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our Camp Cooby team.